Friday, July 30, 2010

Summer Travlin'

We have definately had quite the adventureous summer this year. We didn't let a two year old and a two month old stop us from getting to where we needed to go! In June we drove to Iowa to visit my family and to welcome Ashley and Joe home from the Peace Corp. It was awesome! It was incredilbe to finally see Ashley and Joe in real life and not on a "Skype Screen" But in all honesty, once we saw them and hugged them...it was as if they had never left. I guess that is the greatness of family...even oceans apart you can still be closer than ever. Aunt Amy conquered the open roads with us, so we had quite the journey, all 5 of us in Clint's Truck. Nope...I didn't stutter....all FIVE of us in CLINT'S TRUCK. Open roads here we come!

Grapevine, Texas to Sioux City, Iowa: approx 770 miles!!

Amy will kill me for posting this pic, but I love it. Not because she is sleeping, but I think it captures the exhaustion of riding in a car of 12 hours! Love you Spamy!


Trinity fell in love with her Aunts in Sioux City. It was so fun for me to share my little princess with my sisters! Trinity doesn't know how blessed she is!


Ashley was in heaven....a baby to snuggle! And Trace wasn't too bad off either!


Trace was not lacking in the snuggle department from anyone, but especially from Grandma!



While we were in Sioux City, Trinity got her first pedicure! It was so fun! She loved it and I have actually never seen that girl sit still for so long!


The fam....being lively!


Whenever we are home, we always have to make a few visits to my Uncle's pool. The big joke is that I have to go home to Iowa every summer to get my tan....it's sad, but it's the truth!


Trinity got to play with my cousin's little boys Brady and Colton. They were so sweet to her.


Another thing that has to happen when we make our "yearly trek home" is we have to eat at certain local places. The first night home we had Jerry's Pizza. My uncle made a vow a few months before Ash and Joe came home not to eat Jerrys' Pizza (which is usually a weekly event) until Ash and Joe were back in Sioux City...this was the victory slice!


While we were home we drove to my dad's for a few days in Okoboji, Iowa. Trinity had a blast being by the lake and it was definately evident that she is her "daddy's little daredevel girl!" She loved the jet ski! She wanted to go faster and faster!


Playin' on the beach!


Uncle Joe and Aunt Amy hanging out on the sand!


Aunt Ashley was lovin' the time she got to spend with her neice and nephew!


Boat Ride!



Once again..Trinity loved going fast!


Grandma Lila Mae and Grandpa Jack came up to Okoboji to see our munchkins and it was so fun to see them!

Daddy was tired after all of the driving! What a good daddy!


We were sleepy, so we let Trinity drive for a while.......haha!

oh road trip....here we come!













No comments: