Friday, July 30, 2010

Rocky Mountain High.....

Because driving over 1400 miles in 10 days is just too easy....that's right...it's for the birds! This time we were driving about the same distance, but all within a 4 day time span...yeah we are nuts!


So after we recovered from our Iowa road trip, it was time to load up the truck again. Aunt Amy joined us again this time (she's a trooper!) and we were ready! We had our snacks, our pillows, our movies, and we were set! This time we were headed to Colorado Springs, Colorado for my cousin, Indy's wedding. We got up around 5:30, fed Trace and we were off! The ride wasn't too bad, at least it was new scenery! We made it in about 11 or 12 hours, not bad for having to stop and feed the baby every 3 hours! We met up with a lot of family in Colorado, all excited for the wedding! Trinity loved the hotel, of course...it had a pool and it had "alligators" (most people call them elevators...but in Trinity's world she called them alligators!). The rehearsal dinner was a blast! There was singing, singing, and more singing and then some dancing! There was talent everywhere!
The wedding was beautiful! Indy and Cassie are blessed with so many people that love them and support them! Trace was a hit in his "tie" that Aunt Amy made him and Trinity fell in love with Cassie, the bride, whom she referred to as the Princess. It was so cute! Cassie came and danced with Trinity at the reception and Trinity's eyes lit up...she was dancing with "The Princess!". Although it was a long drive and a quick trip, it was well worth it and we had a great time!

Food:$

Gas: $$

Hotel: $$$

Two 12 hour road trips with the fam and Aunt Amy within a 3 week time span: Priceless!

Trinity and Mommy after the wedding!

We can't wait to officially call Becky our "sister!"

I must say...a good lookin' bunch!

I am truly blessed!

Trinity and her Aunt Amy...she loves that girl so much!

From the moment she heard the music at the rehearsal, Trinity was dancing. She liked to hang with her cousin (or I guess technically 2nd cousin) Makayla.

Look momma, that guy can sing!

Bubba and his bride-to-be Becky...they are so cute!

After 9 years...we still lookin' good! :-)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks for updating your blog. I can now continue my stalking. I love blog stalking. I love you aubs. And am so glad to be home and that I have been able to enjoy a ton of Aunt and Sister time! Can't wait to do it one more time in August!

Unknown said...

I would have to agree I am enjoying the blog updates and stalking. Also agree time to hang out with the Wright family priceless :) Love you guys thanks for letting me always tag along even though I moved out of the house 5 yrs ago you still let me go on family vaca!

Love you tons!!!!!